Pinewood School is a secondary special school in Ware, Herts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed class teacher to join us in January 2020.
We are especially interested in Early Years/Primary practitioners who have a particular interest in early literacy, mathematics and the social and emotional development of children.
You will bring creativity and innovation to developing a holistic curriculum that meets individual needs as we seek to prepare the students for personal independence in 21st Century Britain
The new members of our staff team will bring engaging personalities and a sense of humour to the work of the school. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- excellent and innovative classroom practice with the ability to engage and motivate all learners;
- a clear commitment towards raising standards and expectations to enable all learners to reach their potential;
- a demonstrable record of outstanding classroom practice
- commitment, dedication, and enthusiasm in sharing our vision for the development of our community
- commitment to child protection procedures and policy and an understanding of safeguarding.
- The ability to motivate and engage students with a range of educational needs, including those with a range of complex needs and behaviours.
- The ability to successfully liaise with parents, sometimes in challenging situations.
Experience of working within a Special School is not a pre-requisite for this position as an interest and enthusiasm for developing within this exciting, challenging and rewarding area of education is far more valuable and useful to us.
If you are interested in joining our team, visits to the school are warmly encouraged on the following dates 11th/14th October 2019
Closing Date Friday 18th October 2019 at 12pm successful candidates will be invited for an interview by telephone in the first instance. Please ensure we are able to contact you after 3pm on 18th October.
Interviews Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Please ensure you complete the school application form – other application forms will not be accepted.