Pinewood School Visions and Values
Our vision is to develop independent and motivated learners who are ready to take their place in 21st Century Britain.
We want every child at Pinewood School has a love of learning that enables them to fulfil their potential to enjoy a meaningful and happy future in which they make a positive contribution. We want everyone to take pride in the care of our school environment and feel proud to be part of our school.
We aim to achieve this by:
• Providing an environment where every person feels valued and where no form of discrimination is accepted
• Safeguarding the children, not only during their time under the school’s care, but also providing them with the skills to protect themselves in the wider world
• Maintaining excellence in Pastoral provision, especially Safeguarding & Behaviour that puts well-being at the heart of our school, making sure mental health is everyone’s business, enabling every individual to realise their potential, be able to cope with the stresses of life and make a positive contribution
• Embedding a needs led class structure that looks at each individual child with the goal to provide them with opportunities specific to them as an individual
• Using our specialist expertise and understanding for children with special educational needs to provide a “whole child” teaching and learning environment that develops each child’s academic, aesthetic, physical, outdoor, cultural and life skills using individualised and imaginative techniques
• Fully embedding and exploiting Cornerstones (KS3) and ASDAN (KS4) as tools by which to adapt learning for each individual child.
• Enabling each child to express a love for learning and achieve through being continuously curious and challenged
• Encouraging parents and carers to work together with the school in the development of their child. This is underpinned by a commitment from the school to deliver excellent lines of communication with parents and carers to ensure they have the information they need
• Using feedback and analysis of achievements to ensure that all within our community continuously improve.
• Rebuilding our school to create a state-of-the-art learning environment for SEN children
At Pinewood, we commit to promoting British Values:
• Democracy and the understanding of the individual’s contribution to living in a democratic society
• The rule of law and how this leads to a safer world in which to live
• Individual liberty and the right to self-determination as far as it doesn’t conflict with the rights of others
• Mutual respect for those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
• We value and promote the right to live a safe and healthy lifestyle amongst their peers, understanding that physical, mental, and emotional health all play a part in everyone’s lives.
• We value and promote independence and the ability for an individual to self-advocate wherever possible through verbal, written or other means of supported communication.
• We value and promote an attitude that encourages everyone to try their best
• We value honesty, integrity, respect for people and transparency
Updated January 2023
01920 41 22 11
Message us now...