Pinewood School Vision and Values
Our vision is that every child at Pinewood School has a love of learning that enables them to fulfil their potential to enjoy a meaningful and happy future in which they make a positive contribution. We want everyone to take pride in the care of our school environment and feel proud to be part of our school.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Providing an environment where every person feels valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated
- Safeguarding the children, not only during their time under the school’s care, but also providing them with the skills to protect themselves in the wider world
- Using our specialist expertise and understanding for children with special educational needs, we provide a “whole child” teaching and learning environment that develops each child’s academic, aesthetic, physical, outdoor and life skills using individualised and imaginative techniques
- Enabling each child to express a love for learning and achieve through being continuously curious and challenged
- Encouraging parents and carers to work together with the school in the development of their child
- Sustaining an environment where staff feel passionate about their work, feel valued and are supported to develop
- Using data, feedback and analysis to continuously improve.
- Putting well-being at the heart of our school, making sure mental health is everyone’s business, enabling every individual to realise their potential, be able to cope with the stresses of life and make a positive contribution
At Pinewood, we commit to promoting British Values
- Democracy and the understanding of the individual’s contribution to living in a democratic society
- The rule of law and how this leads to a safer world in which to live
- Individual liberty and the right to self-determination as far as it doesn’t conflict with the rights of others
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
We value and promote the right to live a safe and healthy lifestyle amongst their peers, understanding that physical, mental and emotional health all play a part in everyone’s lives.
We value and promote independence and the ability for an individual to self-advocate wherever possible through verbal, written or other means of supported communication.
We value and promote an attitude that encourages everyone to try their best
We value honesty, integrity, respect for people and transparency
We encapsulate our vision and values for our pupils and our staff through our collective aim to “ASPIRE”
Promoting positive wellbeing
Respect for all
Everyone succeeds by working together