Pinewood School will adhere to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 by not discriminating against learners, staff, volunteers or anyone involved in external agencies the organisation may be working with on the grounds of:
- Sex, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
In addition, there will be no discrimination against:
- Pregnant females or new mothers
- Staff, learners or volunteers undergoing gender re-assignment
- Learners due to the behaviour of their parents and/or siblings
When recruiting staff, health related questions will not be asked until after a job offer is made, and then, only if it is necessary for the role.
Pinewood School may decide to use the ‘Positive Action’ clause of the Equality Act 2010, which allows for the setting up of courses specifically for a certain group, such as Afro-Caribbean boys or Roma children. (Previously, this could have been considered discriminatory.)
It is expected that every person in the organisation will make a positive contribution to this policy, namely:
- All staff whether paid or voluntary
- All visitors to Pinewood School
- All learners at Pinewood School
In addition, Pinewood School will:
- Ensure that the services it provides are accessible to all and endeavour to positively encourage and benefit people from disadvantaged groups
- Supply specialist aids and facilities to enable disabled people
- Monitor any issues that arise within the organisation and take appropriate action, fully supporting any person in the organisation who is faced with prejudice or discrimination
- Undertake an annual evaluation process to ensure that the policy is clear, in keeping with current legislation and being adhered to
- Treat seriously any breaches of the policy, regarding them as misconduct which may lead to disciplinary proceedings
We remain committed to meeting our obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty and are currently updating the relevant policies on our website with regards to this duty.
01920 41 22 11
Message us now...