Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental condition that involves persistent challenges in social interaction, speech and nonverbal communication, and restricted/repetitive behaviours.
The three videos below give an insight as to what Autism is, and how best to understand it.
Jacqueline’s Useful Tips:
- Focus on the positive and the behaviours they are doing well. It will make them (and you) feel better.
- Stay consistent and on schedule. Implement and stick to routines.
- Put Play on your schedule. Have fun together.
- Give it time: try lots of different techniques.
- Take your child with you on everyday activities, e.g. Shopping.
- Ask for support: online, face to face, families, friends, school, complementary and talking therapies.
Useful Links & Further Resources:
Get in Touch:
Contact Ms Hooton directly by filling out the below form...
01920 41 22 11
Message us now...