Anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. Anxiety is what we feel when we are worried, tense or afraid – particularly about things that are about to happen, or which we think could happen in the future. Going to a job interview or giving a speech.
Anxiety is a natural human response when we feel that we are under threat. It can be experienced through our thoughts, feelings and physical sensations.
The below short video gives an insight as to what it is like to live with Anxiety.
Jacqueline’s Useful Tips:
- In a calm moment, talk to your child. Ask them what it feels like in their mind and body.
- Pay attention to your child’s feelings and empathize with what they are experiencing.
- Stay calm when your child becomes anxious about a situation or event.
- Recognize and praise small accomplishments.
- Don’t punish mistakes or lack of progress.
- Be flexible, but try to maintain a normal routine.
- Modify expectations during stressful periods.
- Try breathing exercises with your child.
- Complementary and Talking Therapies.
Useful Links & Further Resources:
Get in Touch:
Contact Ms Hooton directly by filling out the below form...
01920 41 22 11